You know what hurts a lot?
Lets just assume that this is Rue’s father:
Because he jump-started the uprising, I think we can guess that he was killed on the spot.
In Catching Fire, during the District 11 scene, you see Rue’s family. and guess who’s not there?
Top Pixel Art — December 2013
I often miss the monthly Top Pixel Art announcements on PixelJoint (since I spend more time on Tumblr then there), so I’m just going to start a new feature and post them here myself each month. That way I’ll remember to go check it out and I’m sure you’ll also appreciate a regular feature of madly good pixel art.
(Authors can be found by following the source linked above.)
Things that will keep you alive in event of a plane crash (hopefully) though:
- When a plane is descending, either in an emergency landing or else in a normal descent, put your carry-on luggage between your legs and the seat in front of you. In a rough landing inertia can send your legs flying forward and break your bones against the metal frame of the seat in front of you, leaving you incapable of escaping on your own.
- NEVER inflate your inflatable life vests until you’re out of the aircraft, even if you can’t swim. The Hudson River plane crash of 2009 has to date been the only plane that’s landed even remotely safely on water; most planes break up on collision with water. An inflated flotation device will keep you buoyant but will also slow you down, leaving you immobile and trapped in the wreckage as it sinks.
- Never put anything alcohol or alcohol-based (such as rubbing alcohol) in the overhead bins or shelves. These can help spread a blaze if a rough landing sparks a fire, even promote a fireball effect in extreme cases,
- When you board, study where your seat is in relation to the exits. Count how many rows are between you and your two nearest exits, so that if the cabin is filled with smoke you can make your way out even if you can’t see.
- Get out as quickly as possible. Jet fuel is very flammable, and even if there isn’t already a fire on board a rough landing can easily set it alight. Planes on fire will usually blow up between ninety seconds and five minutes after landing, so move it!
- Oh yeah, don’t forget to assume brace position, with your head between your knees and hands over your head.
Escape from the Spirit World: Avatar Yangchen (x)
#so many people still do not get this#the avatar is SUPPOSED to have attachments; the avatar MUST love others#and people talk about how aang ~never makes sacrifices~ but he loses SO MUCH#he sacrifices SO MUCH#he can never completely follow the spiritual teachings and guidance of his people. he cannot attain enlightenment#and he gains so much but he still loses that aspect of his culture and he’s THE LAST PERSON IN HIS CULTURE FOR SO LONG#and the show does talk about this. aang gives up power and he gives up total spiritual harmony#he chooses to love katara. he chooses to go to his friends and protect them.#zuko and aang’s storylines are deliberately designed as foils#zuko’s emotional quest is to find himself. aang’s emotional quest is to accept himself#zuko gives up physical trappings and physical power to gain spiritual strength and peace#while aang gives up spiritual power and enlightenment to gain the strength of attachments to other people#a sacrifice is still a sacrifice even if you gain other things#SORRY THAT IS A WEIRD TANGENT ANYWAY OK